On 3 March 2021, Government announced the introduction of grant support for non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses in England.
This support will take the form of a one-off grant funding scheme in the financial year 2021-2022. The scheme is called the Restart Grant.
The primary principle of the Restart Grant scheme is to support businesses that offer in-person services, where the main service and activity takes place in a fixed rate-paying premises, in the relevant sectors. Please refer to the Council's website page for more
About this grant application form
This application form is provided to capture the information required by the council to verify and make payment of the Restart Grant to your business.
To be eligible for a restart grant, a business must have been trading on 01 April 2021, for the purpose of this grant scheme a business is considered to be 'trading' if it engaged in business activity as if carrying on a trade or profession, or buying and selling goods in order to generate turnover. Further trading indicators are that the business may have staff on furlough, continues to trade online or via click and collect, or is engaged in business activity such as managing accounts, preparing for re-opening or planning and implementing COVID safe measures.
The local authority is required to undertake a number of pre-payment checks. This is a stricter position than that taken for previous COVID-19 business support grant schemes.
The Government will not accept deliberate manipulation and fraud. Any business caught falsifying their records to gain additional grant money will face prosecution and any funding issued will be recovered, as may any grants paid in error.
These checks include:
Using the Government tool 'spotlight' which will flag where organisations have recently become inactive.
Using a counter fraud bank account checker in partnership with National Fraud Initiative (NFI). This tool will enable Local Authorities to:
• Verify the bank accounts of companies in receipt of these business grants; and
• Provide insight into whether the company was trading at the relevant date for these grants
The application closure date for this scheme is 30 June 2021 and final payments must be made by 31 July 2021.
Exclusions to all grant eligibility
• Businesses that are not within the ratings system will not be eligible to receive funding under this scheme.
• Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum permitted subsidy allowances will not be eligible to receive funding.
• Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
Start a form
Choose this option to start a new application. Click on the start button: