Apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment

You can use this application form to make a claim for a Discretionary Housing Payment

The Council has a limited amount of money that can be used to help residents in receipt of Universal Credit or Housing Benefit whose housing costs are not being met in full.

The scheme is not governed by the benefits legislation. All awards are made at the Council's discretion. To be eligible you will need to show that your circumstances are exceptional.

Awards are normally for a period of up to 13 weeks and cannot be relied upon to solve long term shortfalls in benefit.

To be eligible you will need to show that your circumstances are exceptional.

Please read the guidance notes on the next page carefully and ensure you provide as much information on the form as you can.

The best way to complete this form is to register with our online service. My Revenues and Benefits will allow you to manage your council tax, business rates, housing benefit and council tax support accounts.

Registering for an account is quick and easy and you can then; set up a direct debit, apply for discounts, check your account balance, tell us you've moved house, make payments all in one convenient place.

To register now please click here.

Before you start, you will need:

* Your last 2 months bank statements for all accounts you and any partner hold.

* Full details of all your household expenses

* Your fully signed tenancy agreement

Start a new application

Choose this option to start a new application. Click on the start button:

Currently Unavailable

Currently Unavailable